Hey guys… guess what. I made some ginger bread donuts for Christmas. And yes… I’m not the world’s best glazer, so excuse the messy glaze.
But they are delicious!
If you haven’t noticed already, baked donuts are my latest obsession. Any excuse to make them and experiment with different flavours.
If you know me well, I don’t normally glaze my donuts. I’m just not very good at glazing and I’m too impatient for the task. But since it’s Christmas, I’m making a special effort to glaze. Not with your typical sugary glaze though – I just couldn’t bring myself to dip these beauties into a bowl full of icing sugar. Can you guess what I use instead?
How about coconut yogurt mixture! Yep, these ginger bread donuts are covered in creamy, delicious coyo glazing. An unusual combination which amazingly…works! The richness and the slight tartness of the coconut yogurt glaze gives a nice balance the sweetness of the donuts. Yum!
Ginger Bread Donuts
A delicious Christmas treats for everyone. Oil-free, refined sugar free, and can be easily made gluten-free.
- 2 cups plain flour (or gluten-free flour for gluten-free version)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tbsp ACV
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a whisk to mix thoroughly. Combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients to dry ingredient and then pipe mixture onto mini donut pan. Make sure to fill the pan only to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10-12 min until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for couple of minutes, then transfer the donuts onto a cooling rack.
- Make the coyo glazing my mixing all the ingredients.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and/or share a picture on Instagram and tag me in the picture.