You guys, this post is long overdue. My number one favourite recipe from Miyoko Schinner’s Homemade Vegan Pantry.
It’s an amazing book and I’ve made a few things from it, but this recipe, Glorious Butterless Butter, has changed my life! It’s surprisingly easy to make once you get your hands on lecithin granules (I found mine at my local IGA), and it’s definitely a game changer for me in the kitchen. I’ve made countless baked goods with it and have slathered it on many pieces of toasts and muffins. It is very, very good.
I highly recommend using soy milk and refined coconut oil for the best result. Here’s the recipe and the video. If you want to take your vegan cooking to the next level, I highly recommend you getting the book. It is incredible.
Glorious Butterless Butter
- 11/2 cup of refined coconut oil*
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 3 of lecithin granules
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Process at medium speed for about 1 minute until mixture is thick.
- Pour into a silicone mould tray.
- Let set in the refrigerator for a few hours until hard
- It will keep in the refrigerator for up to a month or longer in the freezer.
* Normal coconut oil will impart a coconut flavour so best to use refined coconut oil.
If you make this, I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below or find me on Instagram and share your creation. Don’t forget to tag me @passionatelykeren so I won’t miss your post.