Sometimes you feel like something that is both sweet and savoury. So you make something a little like this Rhubarb Onion Chutney…
Why I love it
It’s a delicious chutney for whenever you wanted something sweet with a savoury twist. I like it. It’s one of those dishes that plays trick with your head. It looks sweet but it also tastes savoury so you don’t really know what to do with it. It reminds me of the first time I had cranberry sauce with roast (back in my pre-vegan days), it’s weird in a delicious kind of way. This chutney is great with baked tofu or salad… or as a dip with freshly toasted olive bread.
- 1 large onion
- 1/3 cup xylitol *see notes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Trim rhubard leave and cut into 1cm pieces
- Using Cuisine Companion with a chopping blade, Chop rhubarb and onion 5 seconds speed 5.
- Add vinegar and sugar and cook at speed 3, 30 min, 100C
- Remove the lid and cook for another 30 min, speed 3, 100C until the liquid reduced and the mixture becomes thick.
- Transfer to a sterilised jars.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and/or share a picture on Instagram and tag me in the picture. I’d love to see your creation.