Hope you are well. I honestly can’t believe that March is here. I’ve taken some time off from social media as some of you may have noticed and it felt really good. Sometimes you have to stop, re-focus, re-centre, and remember why you do what you do.
Anyhow, a week ago I did an unboxing video of the February edition of GoodnessMe Box, perhaps one of my favourite boxes of all time. It was loaded with a lot of pink deliciousness and boy do I love pink.
I also made Cashew and Almond Energy Bars inspired by Lorna Jane’s Energy Bars recipe that came with the box. They were delish! Mildly sweet, nutty, and oh so satisfying.
These bars are so easy to make and perfect for an afternoon pick me up or as emergency snacks. I’ve been making them in double batches to freeze. So so good! Check out the video and the recipe below and I do hope you will give them a try.
Cashew and Almond Energy Bars
A delicious wholefood snack for whenever you need a boost of energy
- 1 cup raw cashew
- 1 cup raw almond
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (I used picks)
- 2/3 cup soaked dried dates (or 10 medjool dates)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 4-8 tbsp boiling water
- Blend all ingredients, except the boiling water in a food processor until crumbed.
- Slowly add boiling water until the mixture forms a ball.
- Firmly press the mixture into a mold (I use heart-shaped mold) or into a lined slice tin.
- Allow to set in the fridge for about 1 hour before eating.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for about a week or in the freezer for 4 weeks.