I thought I’d share with you a really easy dressing which you can use to make your greens taste wonderful.
I was inspired to share this recipe after a recent visit to a lovely Japanese restaurant. They served it cold and it was delish! I personally like my veggies warm (especially in winter) so I made a warm version and also added some ginger. It took only 10 minutes to prepare (even shorter if you steam the veggies in the microwave).
By the way, I just finished watching What The Health on Netflix. Such an eye-opening! I highly recommend this movie if you need some encouragement to eat more veggies.
I use broccolini in this one but you can use any greens you like. You can also double or triple the batch for the sauce for bigger servings of veggies.
Steamed Broccolini with Japanese Sesame Ginger Dressing
Delicious broccolini with a super simple dressing
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tsp shaved or grated fresh ginger
- Steam broccoli in a steamer for 7-10 minutes until cooked and the colour changed to bright green.
- Lightly toast sesame seeds on a small nonstick pan under medium heat for a few minutes until they just turn golden brown and fragrant. Careful not to overcook them.
- Mix sesame oil, soy sauce and ginger (if using).
- Drizzle the sauce over steaming hot broccoli and sprinkle with some sesame seeds. Serve.
Hope you like the recipe!
If you make this, I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below or find me on Instagram and share your creation. Don’t forget to tag me @passionatelykeren so I won’t miss your post.