Oh crepes! Yummy vegan crepes! I call this Ultimate Vegan Crepes recipe because it is very simple and takes little time to prepare and so it’s perfect for when you’re craving something sweet (or savoury) but can’t be bothered with baking a cake.
It’s very similar to making a pancake batter, but with more liquid. I added allspice to the batter to give it a nice spice flavour and a lovely aroma. If you don’t have it you can skip it or replace it with cinnamon powder. For this recipe I use normal plain flour but you can use gluten-free flour to make it to be gluten free. I also use coconut sugar which you can replace with normal sugar or your favourite sweetener.
You can be creative with the filling. I love to use fresh fruits like sliced banana and strawberries with a generous drizzle of chocolate spread (I’m a big fan of Pure Harvest COCO² coconut and cacao spread). Yum!
The Ultimate Vegan Crepes
Quick and easy vegan crepes that everyone will love.
- 1 ½ cups plain or GF flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups soy milk (of your favourite dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp allspice ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Sliced banana
- Sliced strawberries
- Chocolate spread
- Sesame seeds
- ￼Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. If the batter is too thick, add a little more soy milk until you get the perfect consistency.
- Lightly oil a non-stick pan using an oil spray (I like using this coconut spray) over medium high heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter, then twirl the batter around to cover the bottom of the pan as much as you can.
- Cook for 1 or 2 minutes and then flip the crepe.
- Cook the other side for another minute.
- Add filling and serve.
f you make this, I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below or find me on Instagram and share your creation. Don’t forget to tag me @passionatelykeren so I won’t miss your post.