A healthier frosting that’s creamy and delicious, but also good for you. It’s light, refined sugar free, dairy-free, and oh so addictive! Use it to frost carrot cake, muffins or serve with pancakes.
Vegan Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight, drain)
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor or power blender, blend all ingredients on high for a few minutes until creamy, scraping the sides to ensure even blend.
- Chill in the fridge to thicken for at least 1 hours before using.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.
**Prep time does not include the time needed to soak cashews.
If you make this, I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below or find me on Instagram and share your creation. Don’t forget to tag me @passionatelykeren so I won’t miss your post.