Some days you just want to have your tea and eat it too. If today is one of those days then this bowl of spicy, creamy Chai Infused Oat Porridge has come to your rescue.
Why I’m in love with this chai infused oat porridge
This yummy dish is comforting, calming and stimulating at the same time. The creaminess of oats and the nuttiness of almond milk mixed with the sweet spicy aroma of chai creates a delicious, flavour-packed sustenance.
Chai Infused Oat Porridge
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk I use@insideoutng
- 1/2 -3/4 cup water (depending how thick or creamy you like your oats)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Chai tea – I use @rainbowchaitea
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- Place chai tea, water and milk in saucepan, bring to boil.
- Gently simmer for 5 min, strain.
- Pour the chai tea back to the pan. Add rolled oats.
- Cook until creamy for about 5-7 minutes.
- Cover and stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and/or share a picture on Instagram and tag me so I could see what you’re up to.