https://i0.wp.com/www.passionatelykeren.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/DSC04076.jpg?fit=1024%2C1365&ssl=1 1365 1024 Keren http://www.passionatelykeren.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/KN_LOGO_C-W-copy1.png Keren2016-02-05 00:12:172016-02-08 21:52:41Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
Finally! Gluten free, refined sugar-free, vegan pancakes that don’t suck. It’s super easy to make too!
Why I love these pancakes
Well what’s not to love. It’s sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan, and the batter sets beautifully to allow for some flipping action. Peanut flour gives this pancake a lovely nutty taste and also gives it a protein boost (the one I use contain 16g protein per 1/4 cup). You can find peanut flour at the health-store (I got mine from iHerb). Combined with banana, these pancakes are mildly sweet, protein-dense and every bit delicious.
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour* see tips
- 3/4 cups peanut flour
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Rice malt or maple syrup
- Your favourite fruit and topping (I use blueberries and match powder).
Method (Cuisine Companion)
- Place all ingredient except the peanut flour in the bowl fitted with the kneading/crushing blade. Mix at speed 10 for 30 seconds. Gradually add the flour through the opening on the lid, still at speed 10, until just mixed.
- Cook 1/4 cup of batter on an oiled non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Cook for about 4 minutes until bubbles appear on surface. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cooked through
- Serve with some maple/ rice malt syrup
Notes and Tips
1. Make oat flour by processing rolled oat in a food processor or a blender
2. Mix rice malt or maple syrup with peanut butter for peanut butter sauce.
3. You can also use a blender to mix the ingredients or manually by hand using a whisk.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and/or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littlegreenhabits