I’ve realised that apart from my Superhero Fried Rice, I have not shared a single stir fry recipe on this blog. That comes as a shock to me, especially considering that I cook stir fry every week! Well, today we will change that.
This recipe makes enough for four servings, which is great for meal prep, or if you like to eat leftovers like I do. Feel free to use other types of mushrooms, add tofu, other veggies, etc. As long as you keep the proportion somewhat the same, you should be alright :)
Udon Noodle Stir Fry With Oyster Mushroom
Easy and hearty stir-fry made with chewy Udon noodles and delicious oyster mushroom
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 5 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 long red chilli (sliced)
- 1 broccoli (cut into florets)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 400 g oyster mushrooms
- 1/4 cup vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 packet of udon noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Ground pepper
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add onion. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes or until softened. Add garlic and chilli. Stir-fry for another minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add broccoli florets and carrot slices then add vegetarian oyster sauce and soy sauce. Stir-fry for two minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add the Udon noodles and toss using tongs for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with sesame oil.
- Add a pinch pepper, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with chopped fresh chili.
If you make this, I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below or find me on Instagram and share your creation. Don’t forget to tag me @passionatelykeren so I won’t miss your post.